Year 9 Social Studies
Teacher in Charge: Mrs M. Weston
The Social Studies programme is constantly evolving in order to develop the knowledge and skills that students will need in the 21st century. This will enable them to:
- Develop understanding of ideas about changing global societies as we enter a new technological age.
- Appropriately contribute in local, national and global communities.
- Evaluate the sustainability of alternative social, economic, political and environmental practices.
- Explore and analyse people’s values and perspectives.
- Engage critically with societal happenings through an ongoing current events programme.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
1B8 exercise book, coloured pencils, glue stick, and a personal device is preferable.
Lawyer, Curator, Journalist, Planner, District council, Nurse, Doctor, Historian, Environmental Officer, Primary Industries, Teacher, Politician, Researcher, Policy maker, Flight attendant, Administration, Environment, Public Relations Manager, Trades, Armed Forces, Broadcaster, Reporter, Librarian, Communications, Public Health, Social Worker, Retail Personal, Author,
It is the policy of Taupo-nui-a-Tia College to have school-wide policies that inform parents and students of the criteria for administering all Assessments for National Qualifications.
Credits listed may change.