Year 10 Social Studies
Teacher in Charge: Mrs M. Weston
The aim of our Social Studies programme is to enable students to participate in a rapidly changing society as informed, confident and responsible citizens, approaching issues using critical thinking skills.
This will enable them to:
• Develop understanding of ideas about changing global societies as we enter a new technological age
• Appropriately contribute in local, national, and global communities
• Evaluate the sustainability of alternative social, economic, political and environmental practices
• Explore and analyse people’s values and perspectives
• Engage critically with societal happenings through an ongoing current events programme
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Coloured pencils, glue stick, 1B8 Exercise Book, and a personal device is preferable.
Lawyer, Curator, Journalist, Planner, District council, Nurse, Doctor, Historian, Environmental Officer, Primary Industries, Teacher, Politician, Researcher, Policy maker, Flight attendant, Administration, Environment, Public Relations Manager, Trades, Armed Forces, Broadcaster, Reporter, Librarian, Communications, Public Health, Social Worker, Retail Personal, Author,
It is the policy of Taupo-nui-a-Tia College to have school-wide policies that inform parents and students of the criteria for administering all Assessments for National Qualifications.
Credits listed may change.