NCEA Level 3 Fashion Textiles
Teacher in Charge: Mrs P. Simmonds
Students will have the opportunity to design their own course based on their interests and abilities. Students may choose to do the following:
- Research and develop designs for their fashion items.
- Design and make costumes for the school production or fashion show.
- Create specialised products using advanced procedures.
- Re-fashion garments into amazing creations.
- Enter design competitions.
- Enter into the world of screen printing and applied technologies.
This course is a University approved course, offering a minimum of 14 UE credits
A student will be withdrawn from a standard if the teacher is not confident that the achievement of the standard is within the reach of the student or there is no evidence of the student attempting the assessment.
Recommended Prior Learning
Prerequisite: Have an interest in the fashion industry and in sewing.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
A3 Visual Diary
It is recommended students pay the subject charge of $80 which covers the take home content of the course.
It is the policy of Taupo-nui-a-Tia College to have school-wide policies that inform parents and students of the criteria for administering all Assessments for National Qualifications.
Credits listed may change.