NCEA Level 1 Agriculture
Teacher in Charge: Miss A. Simpson
This course is designed for students with an agricultural focus who may be going on to work or study in the agricultural or horticultural science sector.
- Environment – production practices that have a positive and negative impacts on the environment.
- Livestock Management – livestock physiology, feeding, breeding and genetics.
- Pasture/Crop Management – impacts on production, grazing management and pasture conservation.
- Investigation – plan and carryout a scientific investigation in an agricultural context.
- Plant Propagation - propagate plants from seed, cuttings and division.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Agricultural Field Days Term II – recommended cost of $35.00.
1B8, Calculator, HB pencil, 30cm ruler, blue & black pens, Highlighter
Recommended Prior Learning
Overall teacher recommendation across the year and performing at 5P or higher across the Nature of Science strands over the semester.
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
Total Credits Available: 20 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 5 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 15 credits.
Term: 2, Week: 3
Term: 4, Week: 1
Term: 3, Week: 5
Further assessment opportunities will not be offered for this standard inline with NZQA guidelines
Term: 1, Week: 6
dairy farmer, forestry contractor, horticultural worker, vet nurse, Amenity Horticulture, Fruit Production, Vegetable Production, Nursery Production, Viticulture, Floristry, Landscaping, Horticultural Consultant, Science technician, Crop Production Manager, Forestry, Marketing Manager, Orchard Manager, Insectary Manager, Vegetable Farm Manager, Quality Controller,
It is the policy of Taupo-nui-a-Tia College to have school-wide policies that inform parents and students of the criteria for administering all Assessments for National Qualifications.
Credits listed may change.